The top 5 Job search Do's and don'ts
You won't believe how many bad job applications I have seen in my eight years as a team manager. The sometimes made me wonder how serious people really are about their job application. If you really want a new job, make sure to check out my advice:
1. Don’t apply for a hundred jobs at random - Do apply for a few select jobs that fit your profile
2. Don’t send a standard cover letter - Do personalize the cover letter for each position
3. Don’t use an unprofessional portrait photo on your resume - Do get a photographer to take your portrait or just leave it out
4. Don’t be fake - Do present the authentic you
5. Don’t be unprepared for the job interview - Do think about good and relevant examples to underline your qualification
See my advice on these 5 Do's and Don'ts in the guest blog post for Resumewritinglab.